Mr Hans Langsrud (Hong Kong)
Mr Langsrud founded HOL Maritime Services Hong Kong in 2016.
During his more than 3 decades long-year career in the Marine industry, Hans has been employed in a variety of roles including nine years at sea on a range of ship types. Hans has also been employed as a cargo surveyor at the Exxon refinery in Norway and served as Master on tugs and patrol boats in the Port of Oslo. in 2001 he came ashore to take a role in chartering and later as technical adviser to an Oil Major. Thereafter, he was a Senior Risk Management Executive for a leading P&I Club before moving into the field of marine surveying and consultancy in 2014 at top-drawer survey firms in Hong Kong. He is the only Lloyd’s special casualty representative in Hong Kong.
Capt Langsrud’s particular Surveying and Consultancy Experience:
- Special Casualty Representative
- Salvage Consultant for P&I Clubs and H&M underwriters
- Organising the tender process for wreck removals including the assessment of the contractor bids
- Investigation of collisions
- Investigation of groundings
- Assessment of damage to ship hulls and structures
- Assessment of damage to containers and/or their contents
- Assessment of damage to various port installations and structures
Condition surveys on all ship types
Capt Gaurav Bakshi (India)
Master Mariner and a marine consultant
Captain Gaurav Bakshi has during his 30 years+ career served on various types of ships to the rank of Master. Capt Bakshi has since he came ashore served as commercial Director, regional operations and chartering manager as well the business development manager at Smit Lamnalco. Gaurav has experience as tug auditor/Inspector, contract manager, vessel operations and chartering.
Capt Bakshi has recently been involved in several salvage operations both as consultant to insurers and owners and as project manager.
Capt Bakshi’s particular Surveying and Consultancy Experience:
- Salvage and wreck removal consultancy
- Towage chartering and brokerage
- Heavy lift and transport
- Survey and audits
- Decommissioning project management
Mr Sharad Gupta (Hong Kong)
Engineering Consultant and Surveyor
Class 1 / Chartered Marine Engineer based in Hong Kong
Mr Gupta is a consultant to HOL Maritime Services in a non-exclusive capacity.
During his 25+ years career in the Marine industry, he has been employed in a variety of roles including 11 years at sea, mostly with Chevron and then with MSC, serving up to the rank of Chief Engineer, before coming ashore. Thereafter, Sharad spent over 10 years in ship management. His last role being that of Technical Manager with Misuga Kaiun HK. Besides being a Member of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science & Technology (IMarEST), a Member of the Hong Kong Institute of Marine Technologists (HKIMT) and a Fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineers (India), he is also a Fellow and Executive Committee member of the Hong Kong branch of the Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers.
Sharad Gupta’s particular particular Surveying and Consultancy Experience:
- Pre-purchase inspections on all vessel types
- Safety Inspection and investigations for leading a Flag State
- Condition surveys for all ship types
- Assessment of damage to ship hull and machinery including repair cost estimates
- Assessment of damage to containers and/or their contents including repair cost estimates
- Internal ISM-ISPS-MLC audits
- IHM Surveys as certified Hazmat expert